Friday, March 5, 2010

Daily Thoughts from Inspired Faith...

DAILY VERSE
When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY QUOTE
If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
Mother Teresa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY THOUGHT
The sin of pride can be hard to define. Arrogance can be part of it, yes; but it’s possible to have both pride and poor self-image at work in one’s life at the same time. God doesn’t want us to lack self-respect, either. Maybe it’s best simply to be ever aware that all of us are vulnerable to vain pride and that it can find us at any time, anywhere.

Pride says, “I can do what I want,” “I’m better than others,” and “I’m looking out for number one.” Above all, pride says, “I don’t need God or anyone—I can make it on my own.” But of course we do need God. And when we resist surrendering to Him, depending on Him, we experience damage to our souls.

Fortunately, we can resist our pride by simply praying and asking God to heal us from a prideful attitude and help us think rightly about ourselves, God, and others. When that happens, we can rest content in God’s will and at peace with ourselves and those around us.

Lord, please heal me of a vain pride and set me in right relationship with You. Amen.

No comments: